|Ayrıca bakınız: After|
-  (bir şeyden, belirli bir tarihten vs.) sonra, sonraki
-  birinden sonra, arkasından. (bakakalmka, ortalığı toparlamak vs.)
-  (birinin, bir şeyin vb.) arkasında, peşinde, takipte
-  anısına, hatırına (bebeğe isim vermek vs.)
-  bir şeyin son kısmında, (geminin vs.) kıçına yakın.
-  We had a few beers after the game.
-  The time is quarter after eight.
-  The Cold War began shortly after the Second World War.
-  He will leave a trail of destruction after him.
-  He's after a job; run after him; inquire after her health.
- (Ana Hint-Avrupa dili): *apotero → (Proto-Cermence): *after, *aftiri → (Eski İngilizce): æfter → (Orta İngilizce): after
-  They lived happily ever after.
-  I left the room, and the dog bounded after.
-  -den sonra
-  I went home after we had decided to call it a day.
-  I did verily believe in my own mind, that I couldn't fight in that way at all; but my after experience convinced me that this was all a notion.
-  The amends he had made in after life were lost sight of in the dramatic glare of the original act.
-  In the old days, […], he gave no evidences of genius whatsoever. He never read me any of his manuscripts, […], and therefore my lack of detection of his promise may in some degree be pardoned. But he had then none of the oddities and mannerisms which I hold to be inseparable from genius, and which struck my attention in after days when I came in contact with the Celebrity.